Three Little Bears in Totoro Suits Bento

16 comments


I was inspired to make another Totoro-themed bento after I saw Anna the Red's Totoro tutorial. She's one crazy talented lady...! Her bento creations are always so full of imagination and very intricate too. I hope I can be as good as her one day :).

Oh, and I want to dedicate this post to Nami from Just One Cookbook, because she was the one who first suggested me to make Totoro bento quite some time ago, and this is my THIRD Totoro-themed bento already:). I hope you like it, Nami :)!




The three little bears are onigiri filled with chicken teriyaki. The Totoro suits are made out of inari skins. This time I cooked the inari skins in boiling water for a few minutes before using them to remove the sweet taste. Maybe you still remember my Rilakkuma Inari Sushi bento, where I complained that canned inari skins were simply too sweet to eat.

The round bento box contains three pieces of meat patties (which actually are my leftover gyoza filling). Since I didn't have enough gyoza wrappers, and I was too lazy anyway to make the wrappers myself, I decided to transform the leftover gyoza filling into meat patties - I simply shaped the gyoza filling into flattened round balls then baked them in the oven.



Do you see that little cute glass next to the round bento box? I got it from my MIL. She's always so sweet and thoughtful. She knows that I love my four rabbits, so she ordered a glass with a picture of my rabbits for my birthday last year :).

To end this post, I'd like to say thank you to Chris from Gourmet Fashion for giving me the block of awards below. Thank you so much...:)! I've felt very honoured due to the amounts of awards I've received during the last few weeks. Thank you for thinking of my humble blog, everyone...:)!

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments:

  1. Aww. :D The glass is so cute! What's that drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kath - Thank you for leaving comments in my other posts too, Kath, what an honour...:D)!! That drink is actually vanilla flavoured milk from the 'Bären Marke':). Do you know this milk too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. did i mention i love totoro

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little bears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CG!!! You are so sweet!!! I just watched Totoro again with the kids 2-3 days ago (when we were pretty sick). I was thinking of you while watching the movie. My kids LOVE Totoro and your bento with Totoro in it. I wish we can "order" your bento. Haha. I'm going to share this on my facebook now! I have a lot of friends who like Totoro~~~.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards! Totally deserving :) Lovely dedicated bento, just so darned detailed and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much gorgeous detail in your bentos CG! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The intricate details in your bentos are amazing CG! How would you even want to eat something so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, and I love inari pouches, but they are difficult to find in New Zealand.

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute looking bento
    congrats on the award

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cute! I'll be doing cuties after I settled back home for my Godsom :). Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute,i love totoro,yummy this bento

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi CG! Congrats on your awards! :D
    I feel that this is the perfect Totoro Bento for Nami with all the matching bento box, bowl and everything! ^.^
    So sweet and nice of your MIL! You're so lucky CG! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The 3 little bears and their hats are so cute! How much time do you take to create this bento? Really amazing your creativity and efforts in making these lovely bento.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bento is as cute and as complicated as always! I also use up sometimes leftover dumpling filling transforming it into meat balls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Cele - I like Totoro too even though I've never watched the film, yet, but I will :).

    @ Yummychunklet - thank you :)

    @ Nami - Thanks a lot Nami and I am glad that you and your kids like this bento :D)! I really need to watch the film, because I like for example 'Princess Mononoke' and 'Spirited Away', so I am quite sure I'll like Totoro too :).

    @ Parsley Sage - Thank you :)

    @ Lorraine - Thanks, Lorraine :)

    @ Chopinandmysaucepan - You get used to it ;). I don't feel bad eating my bento as long as I've taken some pics of the bento ;)

    @ Alessandra - I am surprised to hear that inari skins are hard to find in New Zealand, because I always thought that NZ has got a quite big Asian population. Hmm...maybe only in certain cities and areas...

    @ Torviewtoronto - Thanks :)

    @ Lani - Look forward to seeing your cute bentos, Lani :).

    @ Retete-ina - Thank you :)

    @ Lyn - Thank you, Lyn :). Yes, my MIL is very nice, I am indeed lucky :).

    @ Fong's Kitchen Journal - I spent about an hour making this. It's not as complicated as it looks. If you look at the tutorial from Anna the Red, you'll see what I mean :)

    @ Sissi - It's actually not very complicated to make, Sissi, I am glad you like it :). Hey, so I am not the only one who loves making patties from leftover dumpling filling, high 5 :)!

    ReplyDelete