Dorayaki - Doraemon's favourite pancake

5 comments



If you have lived in Asia, the chance that you know Doraemon is quite high. It's a television series based on the Japanese manga Doraemon by Fujiko F.Fujio. Doraemon is a cat robot from the 22nd century who travels back in time to assist Nobita, a silly lazy boy, who's not good in school. He's got a magic pocket, from which he can grab futuristic gadgets to help Nobita face some problems.

The Doraemon series have been there since as long as I can remember, I used to watch it when I was a little girl in Jakarta. I think Doraemon is even still on air there every Sunday morning... :-).

When I saw Angie's Dorayaki recipe, Doraemon directly came into my mind, because Dorayaki is Doraemon's favourite pancake - I have always thought that dorayaki is a cute looking Japanese pancake, but never tried it until two years ago.

Dorayaki is traditionally filled with anko or japanese sweet red bean paste, but it can also be filled in with cheese, chocolate or even mung bean paste, like what Angie did. I filled my dorayaki with nutella, because it's just at my fingertips, and also because I like nutella.

I had no idea how to make dorayaki, so I just followed Angie's recipe religiously. And tadaa... it worked...:), so thanks Angie for the nice recipe, especially because it's just the right amount for our household. I got 4 dorayakis by following Angie's recipe.


Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 120 gr flour
  • 80 gr sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 30 ml milk
  • 1 tbs honey (I don't have caramel syrup)
Basically, you just need to mix the flour with baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whip the egg and sugar until foamy. Sift the flour + baking powder + baking soda mixture to the egg mixture. Add milk and honey and stir. Let it rest for 30 minutes.

Well, now you just need to have your non-stick pan ready to make the pancakes. I didn't use oil at all and it worked well. I got an even brown colour for my dorayaki.

Fill in your dorayaki with anything that you want (normally something sweet and pasty).





Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

  1. wahh benaran kae pancake yah , bener de pancake nya org jepun . gara2 doraemon sih hua222

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...wish that I can have one piece :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Doraemon so much. It's one of my favorite japanese cartoon. I like the Dorayaki too. But not as much as Doraemon does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi I am a big fan of Doraemon, and i have been wondering for years how his favourite cake is! Thanks a lot! this really means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm too a big fan of doraemon.....indeed I love to watch it sooooo much.... Even I watch it still.... The author wrote it soooooo good... I like her writing.... And the recipe was awesome.. Thanks for both.... I will try it very soon... Thank you for this... And I feel lucky that I have chance to watch doraemon.....;) :) ;)

    ReplyDelete